Generator enclosures offer more than good looks!
A well-built enclosure or housing is a major component in generator system design, essential for long life, efficiency, safety and quiet operation.
To protect the system inside, Sommers enclosure are engineered for structural strength with durable finishes. Sommers offers two standard housing styles to suit different customer requirements including Sommers Signature enclosures, designed to set today‘s benchmark for exceptional sound attenuation and lasting quality. For larger stationary and mobile systems, Sommers can design custom walk-in and containerized enclosures to provide easy, convenient maintenance access.
Sommers enclosures are designed to simplify installation and minimize the total cost of the generator system. All enclosures are pre-plumbed for fuel lines to allow quick hook-ups and built-in compliance with current fuel-handling regulations. Service calls also go faster with Sommers‘ externally mounted access ports for fuel fills, anti-freeze and oil drains.
Lifting eyes are also available (standard on Sommers Signature enclosures) for easy handling and placement of your new system.
Standard Weather Protective Enclosure (80-81dBa):
Weather-protected 14 gauge steel housing with 1.5” foam insulation.
- bolted sheet metal construction
- lockable, keyed-alike doors
- louvred rear opening for inlet air, punched panel at front for outlet air
Sommers Signature Enclosure (63 – 68 dBA)
Premium 12 gauge seamless galvaneal canopy with seamless steel base frame
- 2” thick glass fiber sound insulation with fire-retardant and fireproof coating
- finished with durable phosphate primer and paint; 700-hr. saline mist chamber test
- stainless steel hardware; impact latches and rubber gaskets ensure doors will close tight and aligned to canopy for an effective seal
- external ports for fuel fill, antifreeze and oil drain with internal valves
Walk-in & Containerized Enclosures
Custom designed and built to suit every application:
- full walk-around interior
- modularity in lengths
- insulated walls with perorated aluminum lining
- Lighting, fire suppression, temperature control
- Special electrical connections available
- Skid base or mobile platform